Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hestia - goddess of hearth & home

I love that Hestia isn't the goddess of housekeeping or chores or something like that.  She is the goddess of hearth & home.  That sounds so much warmer and so much more like the kind of goddess I want to be.  Since becoming the goddess of my own hearth and home, I have learned quite a few things.  Number one: that an orderly, clean home with a good spirit inside doesn't happen by accident.  For some reason I didn't get that growing up.  Our house was always clean and orderly, and heck, I don't know what goes on in a kid's (or teenager's) mind to make em think that kind of stuff happens magically, but I did.  Luckily, I've wised up, and now I realize that if the dishes are done, it's because someone did them (probably more than once that day), and that throw pillows don't stay fluffed - they don't even stay in the right place, and if your house is anything like mine, they're put back and fluffed more than once a day.  Here's to Hestia and all of us who work so hard to make our homes retreats and havens for our families.

0 comments:

the 7 goddesses

These 7 goddesses share their wisdom with the rest of us. Click on their tabs above to learn their lessons and read their tips:

APHRODITE - goddess of love & beauty - this is you

NYX - goddess of night - lessons on wifery (is that a word?) and all things night time

LETO - goddess of motherhood - all things related to motherhood

DEMETER - goddess of food & harvest - and for that reason, my favorite. Find tried and true recipes here

HESTIA - goddess of hearth & home - on making your house a home

ATHENA - goddess of wisdom - making learning a lifelong journey (plus a killer book list)

ELPHIS - goddess of hope - cause we could all use a little more!

Good for a laugh

"My dad hates brownies when they're gone." -Hudson age 2

 

all things goddess | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates