Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All Twisted Up in Oliver Twist

Oliver Twist is by far one of my favorite books of all time.  It takes a good chapter or two to get into the rhythm of Charles Dickens' style, but it's worth the time it takes to get there.  After I'd read it for the first time, I rented the movie thinking I would love it, since I loved the book so much.  It was a good show, but you miss so much of the story by only watching the movie.

What I love so much about Oliver Twist is him....Oliver.  And the reason I prefer the book over the movie is that the book goes through all the emotions that Oliver feels.  He is such an innocent character...good in the very deepest parts of his soul.  One of my favorite parts is how torn and absolutely horrified he is when he learns that a game his friends had taught him was actually stealing. 

That's my first book recommendation.  It's not the easiest book to read, but like I said, it's worth it - enjoy!

0 comments:

the 7 goddesses

These 7 goddesses share their wisdom with the rest of us. Click on their tabs above to learn their lessons and read their tips:

APHRODITE - goddess of love & beauty - this is you

NYX - goddess of night - lessons on wifery (is that a word?) and all things night time

LETO - goddess of motherhood - all things related to motherhood

DEMETER - goddess of food & harvest - and for that reason, my favorite. Find tried and true recipes here

HESTIA - goddess of hearth & home - on making your house a home

ATHENA - goddess of wisdom - making learning a lifelong journey (plus a killer book list)

ELPHIS - goddess of hope - cause we could all use a little more!

Good for a laugh

"My dad hates brownies when they're gone." -Hudson age 2

 

all things goddess | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates